Watch out ya'll it's a two-day recipe so you'll have to plan ahead, plus any thaw time if the brisket comes from the freezer.
- 4 to 5 pound beef brisket
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 chipotle chiles, minced
- 3/4 cup dark beer
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 to 8 red potatoes, cut in half or quartered if large
- 1.5 cups baby carrots
First Day: Place brisket in the crockpot with onions. Mix the next 8 ingredients and pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.
Second Day: Add potatoes and carrots, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Serves 6 to 8
Now for the Tried and True Changes:
- Don't over do it on the cinnamon or tomato paste (oops!)
- I cut slits in the brisket and placed some garlic in the slits before cooking. Added awesome flavor!
- I really don't like my beef over cooked, so I stuck with 12 hours total cooking on low. Put it on Saturday night a bedtime, perfect for Sunday dinner. Cooked on low it turned out with a pink center and super juicy. Added the potatoes and carrots before I headed out to feed Sunday morning.