Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Christian Life: Part 3



What should the attitude of a Christian be?

Alright so this is an odd coincidence that I would pick to write this topic today because I just picked out a topic for the research paper in my Romans class. Seems like I am gonna be writing about the parts of life in Romans in the first century that Paul writes about in the letter to the Roman church. Stay tuned (I am sure that paper will turn up on here just like my others have.

To get on with the topic: I think Paul sums this up well in his letter to the church at Galatia:
"But the Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control. Against such there is no such law." -- Galatians 5:22-23

Yeah its cheesy to pull out the Fruits of the Spirit (the ole kids song that we all remember from VBS) but I think it gets to the point quicker than anything else that I could say. A Christian should strive to be the example that Jesus has set for us and abide by everything that is taught to us through His word.

Back to the example of early Christianity in the first century in Rome. It took off by great leaps and bounds in that society because it is all so appealing to human desire. Its natural for us to want to have all these characteristics, at least its much more appealing than the chaotic life of the world. If Christianity took off with such spark in the Roman society of the first century, shouldn't it make sense that it would be very appealing in today's society that is filled with crime, killings, wickedness, and just being plain chaotic?

No comments:

Post a Comment