Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Christian Life: Part 2

What keeps people away from the church?

I think there are a number of things that keep college students away from the church.

When a teen moves away from home there is the primary feeling of 'I don't have to do it, because my parents are not here to make me.' But there is a lot more to why students stay away from the church. Friends. Stress. Schedule. Simply not thinking about it. But why do I stay active in the church?

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it feels like a family for me. A place to belong. I need that uplifting support to get me through this twenty hours of class that seems to forever keep me buried in books. It feels great to start off the week with a boost. Knowing there are people standing behind me as friends and those I can lean on when the going gets tough. And to send praise to our Father for everything we are blessed with sends such a comfort over me. A sense of relief knowing he is there for us.

Wednesday night praise service is about the best uplifting moment that I have ever found. A chance to relax, let go of all my stresses, and enjoy the fellowship with all my close friends. Even if I am buried in studies, I leave all that to make it to praise service. Nothing like an uplifting moment of praise in the middle of the week. And it is usually nice to spend an extra hour hanging out with the friends around a frosty or burger. Without these things, I think I might go insane.

So as for those who stay away from the church, Come on over and see what it's all about
, cause I don't know why yall aint already here.

No comments:

Post a Comment