Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

4 miles and Aristotle

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle quote(ish)

During today's run, I was listening to a bit more of 7 Habits and came across this quote(ish) from Aristotle. It's definitely something to think about. Then I came across this attachment on Lifehacks...

The same goes for the reverse: problems, failure, and other issues become habits, too. You'll develop a talent for the things you repeatedly practice. Choose what they are wisely, or you may achieve excellence in something that doesn't matter to you. - #Lifehack

I figure this definitely has some relation to building a routine of running, working out, and being active outdoors. It's incredibly easy to get caught up in conversations online, surfing Twitter and Reddit, and stalking Facebook friends. I've found that it's much easier to eat better, once I break the routine and am able to repeatedly pass up on the junk food and cokes. It's much easier to get up for a morning run, once I get up and repeatedly do it a few days a week. Once you get into those habits, those behaviors are easier to maintain.

Today's running goal was only 3.64 miles, but my chosen route is 4.02 miles. Give or take right? And the goal included a slow pace, but I find it really difficult to slow my pace without walking. A guy with long legs can only run so slow, right? Guess I'll have to do some reading up on that point.

And yeah, it's 90 degrees out again today, but I'll take the 20% humidity over other parts of the country. And I'll take this heat over the -30 degree temps we had just 5 months ago! 72 days until Ragnar Relay in Napa Valley.



No comments:

Post a Comment