Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Tough Mudder: Week 2

Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power. -- Clint Eastwood

I'm serious about this stuff folks. I'm gonna make it to the Tough Mudder come October! I made it through the first week alive. If the increased exercise didn't kill me, I was sure work from school was sure to finish the job. I ran 5 days, for a total of 17 miles! It was an average of close to 3.33 miles a run. I was pretty sore the first few days, but got my appetite back and some long-lost energy. Office work drains everything out of me, so this increased exercise will help.

***btw, I am still looking for team mate commitments. I have an offer from a few friends back home, but want to make sure I'm not missing any online friends who want to join in the fun.

I plan on increasing my speed this week to make it no less than 3.5 miles a run. With the schedule coming up on campus over the next two weeks, I'm sure to need a lil push. Now I'm hungry again, off to grab a bite to eat before finishing up this seminar presentation and guest lecture!

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you are running all of that! I was never much of just a runner, I just loved sports where I can get active without really realizing that I'm just running in a round about way. ha
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete