Beef and Bean Tacos on the Fly
1 lb ground beef
1 small can green chiles
1 small can mushrooms (prefer fresh)
1 can of beans, your choice, I used Chili beans tonight
Whole Wheat Tortillas
This is something I usually have prepared in the fridge, but it takes little effort to prepare with this meal. I keep fresh jalapenos in the fridge. When they become soft, instead of tossing them, I quarter them, take out the seeds, and chop them finely. Top with lime juice to store in a plastic container in the fridge. This makes a great spread to add some spice to just about any dish.
- In a skillet, brown beef then add green chiles and beans, let simmer
- In separate skillet, saute mushrooms in butter or vegetable shortening
- With second skillet heat tortillas
- Fill each tortilla with beef and bean mix, mushroom, jalapeno spread, cheese, olives, and sour cream
- Serve with a cold drink and enjoy your quick and easy meal
This makes for a filling, healthy, quick, and budget friendly meal for the family. Or if you are like me, an easy to store and reheat meal for all you single people out there.
Don't forget to Thank A Farmer for the beef, dairy, grain, and vegetable products used in this meal!