Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend Trip to the Mountains

From the six lanes to the rough terrain, I never know where life will take me. This weekend I made a quick trip to the Colorado mountains for some time away from work and a lil breath of fresh air. I had the opportunity to see the Arkansas Headwaters, Collegiate Peaks, San Isbel and Pike National Forests, and the Capulin Volcano National Monument. It was so cool to see so many different things in one weekend. From the river valley, to the snow covered peaks, the fall colors of the national forest, and finally climb an 8,200ft volcano where I could see Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, and New Mexico all at the same time. Here is a video and some photos from my awesome trip. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. My wife came from, and my in-laws live at Texline. We keep saying sometime we will go up on Capulin mountain, but never have the time. I also would like to hike up Black Mesa at Kenton sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small World! Ya'll really should make the trip to Capulin some time. It's well worth the trip, but prepare for it to be a lil MORE windy on top!

    ReplyDelete