Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who Am I?

I am a steward of the environment.
I work to be as sustainable as possible.
Using available resources efficiently is the name of my game.

My peers make up a small proportion of America.
But my workforce drives American jobs.
And my products drive the American economy.


On average, I am 57 years old.
More than half the time, this job is a secondary income.
At the same time, this job requires work 24/7/365


I cover more than 922,095,840 acres in America.
In 2007, I sold products valued at $297,220,491,000.
In 2007, I spent $241,113,666,000 in America.



My work affects every person in the world, every day.
If you eat it, I harvested it.
If you wear it, I grew it.


I am the American Farmer.
I am the American Rancher.
I am American Agriculture.

This is just a glimpse of the job description for American Production Agriculture. What else can you think of that describes American Agriculture? Have you given thanks to a farmer or rancher today?

No comments:

Post a Comment