Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

5 miles and a rainy day

So far this week, I've literally been on the struggle bus. Monday and Tuesday just haven't been the productive work days I had planned and I'm not sleeping well, so I had all intentions of tightening the laces and hitting the road as soon as I made it home today.

Well, that didn't quite happen as I had planned. Just as soon as I made it home, yet another thunderstorm for the day plowed through the Valley. I'm sure as hell not going to complain about the rain, it's badly needed as July is one of our wettest months, but it sure would have been nice to hit the track earlier. So, after a light bowl of bean salsa, I hit the road just after 8:00. I had scheduled a 12:00 test run to correct my training intensity. My first mile was good, but the energy didn't last long. So I pushed along and took on a few extra miles. The fourth and fifth miles were much better and just what I needed to clear my head. Which is what I'm up and around with the writing bug at 10:30 at night. But when the moment strikes... I better take advantage of it!

Plus, I guess an added benefit of a stormy day was the shadows and skyline cast by the setting sun this afternoon. There's always a silver lining on the horizons around these parts! Today's run: 5.05 miles in 45:55. 65 days until Ragnar Relay!


No comments:

Post a Comment