Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Texas Country Wednesday - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Here it is Wednesday again, time to roll out some Texas Country tunes to get you through the middle of the week.Check out the Texas Country Music page for a list of artists featured on my blog. Be sure to let me know via comment or email if you have any suggestions.

This week's artist is someone probably more associated with Outlaw Country than most. Ray Wylie Hubbard is also one of the elder artists of the Texas Country Music scene. Although his songs haven't been as big of hits as some others', he still draws a loyal following. Hubbard's music has a bit of a folk, bluegrass feel, which is something I like.

This first video is a catchy tune. Sounds a little weird at first, but then you can't get the lyrics out of your head. At least give it a listen all the way through first go around. Here's Snake Farm.


Here's Three Days Straight.

Ray Wylie Hubbard is actually going to be on stage near Knoxville this month. I may have to go see him if I can get away.

1 comment:

  1. Check out shawn fussell, he's a great Texas County Music singer. He's got a lot in common with Ray Wylie Hubbard.

    ReplyDelete