Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Today, I am Thankful

Dead week is finished, Calf Fry is wrapping up, and Finals week is here. Graduation is only days away and I am searching for more ways to procrastinate my studies. I do my best work out in the pasture so I have found a fencing project just outside of Stillwater as my get-away. There is nothing like building a little fence and taking a moment to soak it all up, just sitting there in the middle of the pasture.
There is an art to building a good fence. It is something my dad taught me from a young age, and a craft that I am still trying to perfect after working on fences in Arkansas, Texas, Wyoming, and Oklahoma. Every situation is different and there is a different plan for each project. I love to share with others the things that I love to do, so I usually try to bring an extra hand or two out with me to lend a hand (and the clips do not exactly put themselves on the fence!).

Read the entire post at Working Ranch Magazine's blog!

2 comments:

  1. I think the secret to a good fence is just don't skimp and/or do it cheap. Do it right the first time, and it will last much much longer.

    Ouch, my knees and ankles hurt thinking about putting clips on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely Brandon. I always stick with doing things right the first time. I would much rather be building fence than trying to fix someone's mistakes.

    ReplyDelete