Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Looking for My Start

I have been invited to write some new posts on Working Ranch Magazine's blog. You should check it out. I find it a very cool opportunity to reach a new audience with my agvocating efforts. I am going to make it a point to update at least once a week, if not more often. It will be a little more professional than this blog. But don't worry I will still be here on this blog with regular posts.

Here is the post from Working Ranch site!


3,000 hours spent in class, 128 weeks over the course of 8 semesters at two universities. All I end up with is a piece of paper, a huge amount of tuition, and the knowledge that there is so much more to learn about the cattle industry.

Growing up on a Central Arkansas cattle operation, I thought I had it made. My family raised a herd of 1,000 commercial Angus cows, processed more than 10,000 head of stocker cattle annually, and now operates a cattle auction barn. I have spent my whole life, may it only be 21 years so far, in the cattle industry. Many people my age do not have the opportunity to have such an experience. If I sat down to count all of the cattle I have seen… well let’s just not attempt that.

To read the rest of the post click here.

Spring break starts this week, and I am off to get all of my wisdom teeth out first thing Monday morning. So it looks like a week on pain pills for me. Wish me luck on recovery. Have a Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment