Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Cedar Sap and Fences"

Cedar Sap and Fences, no it's not a country song. Rather it's what makes up the week of this college student. Along with road trips, exams, and sharing the stories I have to tell.

The six weeks following Spring Break generally consist of exams, papers, and projects, but I lucked out this semester. I really only have one paper and one project to complete, much easier than the four 10-page papers that were due this time last semester. I really lucked out these first two weeks with nothing due for any classes. Have no fear though, I am finding plenty to fill my time. This week I am back on the job-search trail, heading for the Texas Panhandle for an interview and some feedyard visits.
 
This weekend I decided to take advantage of the warmer weather to spend some time outside clearing fencerows. Since I have been in college, I have resorted to working for different professors, producers, and individuals in the area instead of having a steady job in town. This allows me to make my own schedule, make extra room for studying when needed, and spend some much-needed time out of town. I have done a little bit of everything working freelance like fence building, feeding horses and cattle, yard work, cleaning up pasture brush, and even learning a little about house construction. It has made for a very interesting four years.

To read the entire post, please visit Working Ranch Magazine's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment