Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Daily Motivation



I have my daily routine before heading to class. It's a cup of coffee and some food to wake up and catching the news to see what I am not missing out on in the world. I would much rather be at home and waking up to some calves and horses to feed, but that will soon come back to my daily routine, pending graduation in May.

Everyone runs into a tough patch in the road, and it gets hard to make it sometimes. God throws us some hard curve balls; sometimes we catch them and once in a while we get hit. I have my own rough patches and remember what my mom told me in a letter prior to high school graduation, "You CAN do all things through Christ." She believed in me and my ability to do my best at whatever I attempted. She believed I would obtain many great things in life, and there is no reason I should give up that dream.  A youth minister once reminded me that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Everyone should always keep their head up and face every challenge with a strong effort.

Everyone needs a little motivation to start off their day. What's yours? Here's mine:

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that which Christ Jesus took hold of for me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. – Philippians 3:12-16

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. – 2 Chronicles 15:7

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned to secret of being content in and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:12-13

What good is it my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith, I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that – and shudder. As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. – James 2:14-19, 26

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. – Galatians 5:22-26

1 comment:

  1. Dear friend. These are all verses that I would count as motivation for myself as well. Some of which I am glad you posted because I needed to be brought back to them and did not know it. Thanks.

    KJ

    ReplyDelete