Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Friday, October 16, 2009

My vest smells like a feedyard...

It's kinda funny this morning, I put one of my vests in the dryer to warm it up and when I pulled it out it smelled a lot like the feedyard. It kinda made me laugh because it reminded me of the summer I spent working the Texas feedyards in 2008. No matter how many times I washed some of those clothes, they still smell the same. But that was a pretty awesome summer, only to be triumphed by the next spent in Wyoming.

This week has been no fun at all, nor will the next two be either. I have test after test for the next two weeks, along with two group presentations within two days. I really need to get on the ball and find my motivation to mentally make it to class everyday. I have been slacking, mostly because I can get over confident in where I sit with my grades. I roll over in the morning and its cloudy and wet and say 'It's alright if I miss class because I have a good hold on my grade.' Then, next thing you know, I am slipping down the slope. I am not saying that I am so far down the hill that I am in trouble, I can see it coming if I don't stop sliding now.

I am in the middle of my Senior year and more than ready to get out of this place. Ready to get back to doing what I love on a daily basis; working cattle, being outside, jumping on my horse for a nightly ride. Those are the things that I love. It's what I need to do. It won't be long, just gotta get through these next few months. Until then, it's taking every opportunity to sit back and relax and watch a Clint Eastwood film.

No comments:

Post a Comment