Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

2 miles and Real Food Choices

Just what I needed after a long day at the office. I had a lot of reading to catch up on and not a lot of time. Plus it was a bit of a stressful day, so I really enjoyed that my training plan just called for 2 miles in today's run. I hit the first mile in 6:58 and definitely slowed down to enjoy the pace back to the house on the return. It's amazing what an injury and month off will do to conditioning.

My physical therapy sessions usually include a good piece of conversation while the ultrasound does its magic on my neck and back (crossing my fingers that these muscles repair themselves soon!). In earlier sessions we have discussed how growing up on a farm/ranch usually leads to a stronger immune system. Today, that conversation turned into the burden we feel to eat "real" food. I'm always puzzled by how people define "real" food, so I asked. The answer is always different.

That turned the conversation into a discussion on the use and relative concentrations of hormones/antibiotics in cattle ranching today, how eating fewer processed food makes us "feel better" and whether or not cattle are supposed to eat corn.

By the way...
So that got me to thinking, every health and fitness site I go onto these days has a different methodology for eating healthy and eating for a better lifestyle. It makes sense that athletes and active people are concerned about our food supply and individual choices. I'd love to hear more on these decisions and personal choices. 70 days until Ragnar Relay.


No comments:

Post a Comment