Want to hear more about agriculture, food, farming and ranching? Be sure to follow all of my posts and updates on my other blog AgricultureProud.com or on Facebook and Twitter.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

11 miles and then some...

After taking the past two days for rest, I really had some steam to burn off. This morning, bright and early, I caught up on the two miles I was supposed to do yesterday, I kept my pace much better than previous runs earlier in the week.

Then, late this afternoon, I had to get in my long run for the week. #Exhausted. I went to the gym, partly because it was in the mid 90s this afternoon, and I didn't want to run on pavement. I only slowed to a fast walk at the half mark of 3 miles, then continued on to complete 6 miles. I'd say it was a well-accomplished task. The last 10k I ran was 54, so I added a few minutes, but I'm just excited to have accomplished it.

I also used the bike to warm up and cool down, adding another 3.3 miles to the chart today to finish at 11.68. It was a good hard day, definitely a step up from what I've done in the past month, but it was great to clear the head.

There was also a bit of time for reading on The Big Burn. I'm 100 pages in and its starting to get really good, but then I couldn't keep my eyes open. What is it about Sunday afternoons that brings on the naps? I'm not complaining though, seeing as I passed out in the lawn chair (more like recliner) under a tree in the back yard. With the irrigation sprinklers going, it made for an awesome snooze. I'll have to fit a few of those in more often! 67 days until the Ragnar Relay!

No comments:

Post a Comment